Sunday, October 28, 2012

Homeschool Adventure




From January to the end  of May David had school at home.  He had been really struggling in his class (not academically, but emotionally) and asked over and over if he could stay home from school.  One day we talked about having school at home and he said: "Mom would you ever do that for me?"  I could tell at that moment what a huge blessing it would be if I could find the strength to do it.  I knew that I could never be a real replacement for the school system, especially with 2 small children at home with us all day, but that wasn't my goal.  My goal was to help him feel loved and capable and to try to teach him something along the way.  Looking back on our time together I can say that it was a success (only I really didn't feel that way at the time).  It was one of the most difficult challenges I have ever faced, but we got through it!  This year David is back at school and thriving.  Despite the  challenges we faced during our homeschool adventure together, I am thankful for the opportunity I had to do that for David and we  are both extremely grateful for the blessing of public school:).

No comments:

Post a Comment